Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

It was a little early and I only say that because we already had to throw them away from the yucky mold growing on them...but with all the pumpkin patches around we just couldn't help but be in a pumpkin carving mood!!!
So everyone picked the PERFECT pumpkin and we took them home to get started on our masterpieces....





Don't be fooled by our 'skills'....we used stencils but I think they came out awesome if I do say so myself!! The one on the left of Skeleton and Cat Friends was done by the team of Tarah and myself. She cleaned out the guts and I carved. Jason did one of the Howling Wolf in the center and my Mom did the Haunted House one on the right!!
It would have been nice for them to make it to Halloween but they were pretty awesome to look at while they lasted!!

(All Lit Up)
The pumpkin seeds did not go to waste...I picked apart all the guts to find all the seeds, dried them in the sun and then roasted them in the oven with lots of salt and seasonings!!!
They were so yummy!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment